SOUNDTRACK - Tank Girl: Soundtrack From United Artists Film (Limited Aqua Blue Coloured Vinyl) (LP)
Notify me when back in stock
It's a tough call which is the bigger cult classic, the Tank Girl movie or its accompanying soundtrack, but on balance, we'd have to go for the soundtrack. Yeah, the lm had a cast composed of some of the most colourful characters (Iggy Pop, Ann Magnuson) and character actors (Malcolm McDowell, Ice-T, and of course the almighty Lori Petty!) in show biz. And, its
dystopic, resource-starved desert setting, intense action sequences, and lead female character mark it as a feminist (albeit funnier) precursor to Mad Max: Fury Road. But check out the soundtrack's bona- des: assembled by Courtney Love herself, it features a Who's Who of '90s female rock including Hole, Bjork, L7, Veruca Salt, and Belly among others. Plus, it even has tracks that were exclusive to its release, like a unique version of Devo's "Girl U Want," "Mockingbird Girl" by The Magnificent Bastards (a side project of the late Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots), and a duet of "Let's Do It, Let's Fall in Love" between Joan Jett and The Replacements' Paul Westerberg. There's one more thing, though, that elevates this particular release from the mere cultish curio to gotta-have-it collectible: because it came out in 1995, the Tank Girl soundtrack NEVER came out on LP! Yup...this marks the first-ever release of Tank Girl on vinyl, and if there ever was a score that needs to be on wax, this would be it. We've done it right, too, with a gatefold jacket featuring the trademark comic book art and stills from the lm, and an aqua blue vinyl pressing limited to 1000 copies!
* The 1995 Film Tank Girl Is a Bona-Fide Cult Classic
* Set in a Dystopic, Resource-Starved Desert Setting, Featuring Great Action Sequences, and Starring the Inimitable Lori Petty in a Lead Role, Tank Girl Is a Feminist (and Funnier) Precursor to Mad Max: Fury Road
* But the Soundtrack to Tank Girl Is Even More of a Cult Classic Than the Film
* Compiled by Courtney Love (a true figurehead of 90's feminism)
* A Who's Who of '90s Female Indie Rock, Including Bjork, Hole, L7, Belly, and Veruca Salt
* Features Tracks Exclusive to the Soundtrack, Including a Unique Version of Devo's "Girl U Want," "Mockingbird Girl" by The Magni cent Bastards (a Side Project of the Late Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots), and a Duet of "Let's Do It, Let's Fall in Love" Between Joan Jett and The Replacements' Paul Westerberg
* Also Includes Songs by Bush, Stomp, and Ice-T
* Never Before on LP
* Real Gone Music's Release Features a Gatefold Cover with the Movie's Distinctive, Comic Book Graphics and Production Stills
* Aqua Blue Vinyl
* LIMITED TO 1000 COPIES
Cat No: RLGM06881PMI
Packaging: LP Gatefold
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Nerve Gas users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.